Wednesday, January 6, 2010

WIndows 7, is it worth the upgrade?

After the undeniable public disaster that was Windows Vista. It was hard to conceive anyway if Microsoft making a recovery. But alas there's a light at the end of the tunnel and it's name is Windows 7. could this be Microsoft's saving grace? if it is, is it worth the upgrade from XP, and vista?
The short answer: YES. I upgraded from vista business 32 bit to windows 7 business 64 bit a month ago. Everything is in short, better. It's more secure, it boots faster, uses less resources, and is all round a more effective and satisfying operating system. With windows 7 Microsoft finally stopped worrying about looks that sell and focused on performance.
Besides the overall performance increase in Windows 7 there's little things I've been discovering that's been making my Windows 7 experience more delightful each day. Among the most recent discoveries are easy font installing and no more auto play. I don't know about you but I download fonts all the time and in vista installing fonts was a hassle. Now with windows seven you just download a font, right lick it, and select install from the pop up menu. Bing, Bang, Boom, done.

Now you may be thinking "no auto play? that sucks. I'll have to manually start my programs that are on disk and other removable media!" . I like starting my programs manually from disk and other removable media. it gives me an extra level of control with what goes on on my computer and when. I'm just that kind of guy. I hated when I'd put a disk in the computer then it'd go to work doing something that i didn't want it to do. windows 7 gives more power to the user. If you have Vista or XP or maybe even, god forbid; Windows 98. Upgrade to Windows 7. You'll thank yourself for it.






No comments:

Post a Comment